Have you been in the stores recently and noticed that Christmas Shopping is in full swing? We do not want to get left behind at St. Raymond and we too are getting ready for our Home for Christmas event. This event takes place on Christmas Day when we welcome more than 200 guests from homeless shelters across the City of Philadelphia. They will be served by more than 200 volunteers who set up in the days before Christmas and on Christmas Day. Can you help?
Do you want to purchase items that will be given as gifts to those who come? You can take a tag from our Giving Tree during Advent who do some ONLINE SHOPPING with this new addition this year!
Do you want to prepare a tray of food that will be served at our Christmas Dinner that day? Sign up in the back of Church or use this wonderful tool (also new this year) to sign up for what you will prepare in a full size aluminum tray and deliver to us cooked on Christmas morning.
Do you want to volunteer your time? Why not sign up for a team? Please sign up on one of the lists int he back of the Church or email your name and phone number to our Office Manager Brandi Rose who will get you on the list. Here are the Teams you can join…
- Decorating – they transform the Parish Hall/School gym into a beautiful and welcoming place that makes all of our guests feel like they are celebrating Christmas.
- Food Prep & Service – some will gather starting at 6am to receive and prepare food donations while others will take shifts working the buffet line or keeping the trays filled. Of course some will wash dishes as well
- Hospitality – this team welcomes our guests, shows them to a table and makes sure the have all they need while they are with us; in addition they sign in volunteers and help keep people’s belongings safe at the coat check
- Blessing Shop – this team sorts and displays all of the gifts we have for our guests and then oversees the shopping experience for our guests
- Kids Table – this folks lead our many young guests in playing games, doing arts and crafts, getting nails done and more
- Facilities – this Team moves tables and chairs into place, makes sure the floors are clean and the bathrooms are working all throughout the day
- Clean Up (3pm) – these saints show up at 3pm and help us put things away, clean the space and get back to normal at St. Raymond until next year
There will be a meeting for all volunteers on December 3rd at 7pm in the Hall. Please be sure to join us.