SAINT RAYMOND LIVE: Join us for a Facebook Live Event on Fr. Chris’s FB Page Friday Night. You don’t have Facebook? Why not sign up today? You are also welcome to join by calling our Call to Prayer Number: Call Toll Free: 1-877-309-2073; Enter AccessCode – 319-414-445 #. We will do this every Friday at 7pm during our “stay at home” time. Invite others, Father Chris promises it will be worth missing Wheel of Fortune and half of Jeopardy!
WORSHIPPING FROM HOME THIS SUNDAY:
- Please be sure to prepare to worship by putting on your “Sunday Go to Church” clothes; light a candle near the screen on which you will join us; open up a Bible; position yourself and others in chairs conducive to worship (no lounging on the couch please); stand, sit and kneel; respond as normal; plan to have a nice breakfast afterwards (but not during),
- Want to have the readings to follow along? Of course. Option 1 and Option 2. You can also have them on your device by downloading the St. Raymond APP if you have not already done so. Fund the myParish app in your “store”, download it and find St. Raymond Church, Philadelphia!
- Access our Live Stream HERE
- The parish is grateful to all those who are using On-Line Giving; it is a true blessing to our Church Family.
- Donate at Venmo: @StRaymond-PenafortPhilly
- Donate Donate at CashApp: $StRaymondPhilly
PARENTS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN: Your Church Family prays for you each day. These are especially difficult times for you as you manage your home, expectations from your job and have become a home school teacher/parent. Please take a few minutes and watch this message from Father Chris. Father Chris has also recorded a video reading two Bible Stories to our young disciples, please share the VIDEO with them. As you lead them in the ways of faith, this RESOURCE may be a help as you open the Word of God with them on Sunday after your worship with us virtually.
OPPORTUNITIES TO STAY “PRAYED UP”:
- Join us for a Call to Prayer at Noon every day of the week (and Monday to Friday at 6:30am). Call Toll Free: 1-877-309-2073; Enter AccessCode – 319-414-445 #
- Drive Thru Prayer is 3pm to 4pm each day in front of the Church (enter thru Williams Avenue); a chance to pause in front of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (or receive prayer from Fr. Chris or Deacon Bill).
- Daily Video’s from Father Chris on YouTube
- Daily Mass with Bishop Barron
- Daily Rosary (at 8pm) with people from across the Archdiocese of Philadelphia praying for the defeat of this virus and the comfort and healing of all impacted. Please dial: (646) 558-8656 and enter the Webinar ID: 494 480 541
FEELING OVERWHELMED? Read this article on COPING SKILLS. Struggling with an addiction (and not able to get to a meeting)? Check this out! If you are interested in making phone calls to parishioners who are feeling isolated? Contact Father Chris if you would like assist (serving others is a reward itself).
FOOD CUPBOARD: We have had an increase in those who need help with food. If you feel well enough, we need volunteers on Thursdays (2:30pm to 4:30pm), please contact Arleen. If you are able to donate food at this time, we need Tomato Sauce (cans or jars), canned fruit, instant oatmeal, juice boxes (for kids) and fruit snacks (kids). If you have donations, please call the Rectory to tell Father Chris you are dropping something off (or leave it at the Rectory Back Door).HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE: Because of the continues precautions, there will be no Public Celebrations. Father Chris will still celebrate liturgies (Palm Sunday at 10am, Thursday Night’s Mass of the Lord’s Supper; Good Friday Service at 3pm; St. Raymond Live: Seven Last Words at 7pm and Easter Sunday at 10am). All will be Live Streamed and have live music (thank you Kenny). We will find ways to enrich the liturgies so that they still have tremendous meaning while you participate and worship form home. What about getting palm? Father Chris will be present in front of the Church on Saturday, April 4th from 1pm to 4pm and Sunday, April 5th from 1pm to 4pm with a “Holy Week Bag” (while supplies last). Each bag will contain blessed palm, a few Holy Cards to assist with your Holy Week Liturgies and a printed handout that will serve as your guide for the liturgies we celebrate during this Holy Week. Will it be the same? No, but God will still be present and active. Father Chris is consulting with people to find a possible way to distribute Holy Communion to those who desire it the weekend of Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. Father Chris knows how much you hunger for the Bread of Life!
Pope Benedict XVI wrote (a while back): “Dear friends, may no adversity paralyze you. Be afraid neither of the world, nor for the future, nor for your weakness. The Lord has allowed you to live in this moment of history, so that, by your faith, His name will continue to resound throughout the world.” Timely words for our present situation! As Christians, we know that God is in charge. We can trust Him, hope in Him (not in earthly solutions), love Him in return for His love for us. In any need we should turn to Him, surrender to Him, let Him deal with our difficulties. Coronavirus is no exception. (Father David Ousey)